Posted at 12:52h
It is important to know if your lease is classified as a retail shop lease as there are advantages for this kind of tenant. In order to determine if your lease is a retail shop lease see please follow this link. RSL
The Retail Shop Lease Act provides for a number of instances where a landlord will be required to pay compensation to a Tenant such as where the landlord:
1. Relocates the Tenant’s business to an alternative premises;
2. Significantly disrupts trading to the Tenant’s business;
3. Neglects the landlords responsibilities to clean maintain and repair the building;
4. Causes the Tenant to enter the Lease as a result of false or misleading statements or representations;
5. Fails to issue disclosure or issues disclosure that is defective.